About Plum Borough
Plum Borough is located in eastern Allegheny County approximately 13 miles east of the City of Pittsburgh and is the second largest borough in Pennsylvania comprising 29 square miles with a population of over 27,000.
Founded as Plum Township in 1788, it was one of Allegheny County's first seven townships. Plum was reorganized as a borough in 1956. The historic development of Plum was closely tied to the industries of coal mining, aluminum powder manufacturing and gas and oil production. Plum Borough has grown into a bedroom community as city residents continue to move to the suburbs of Allegheny County.
With the development of new residential neighborhoods and the expansion of existing ones, Plum has become one of the fastest growing municipalities in Pennsylvania. Its population is expected to continue to grow in the 21st century. Although Plum's population is growing rapidly, there is still plenty of land available for all purposes, including residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural development.
Plum offers extensive recreational opportunities, including Boyce Park, maintained by Allegheny County, with ski slopes and walking trails. There are also neighborhood recreational opportunities such as Larry Mills Park, Logan's Ferry Park, Renton Park, Plum Borough Ball Fields, Oakmont Country Club, public golf courses, hunting, fishing, river recreation and excellent athletic associations for children's sports.
The Plum Chamber of Commerce is dedicated to continuing the growth and prosperity of our dynamic and growing community by being the focal point for networking opportunities and business development in Plum.